Hey guys. So, as with on Monday, yesterday, I went to therapy. We worked on more difficult exercises because now that the doctor has told me to exercise, we need to work on getting into shape for basketball season.
Anyway, I woke up and had some oatmeal and strawberries. Yum.
After therapy, I went to my grandma’s house and she made these beef sandwich things which were really good and then I had some Twizzlers. Shame, i know, I know. But I have only had 3 junk food items all week and I am doing pretty good.
Then, for dinner, I had some pizza.
I had a total of 1534 calories.
Well, before I depart, I am going to teach you all how to tape a knee. I learned yesterday and why not?
Cover tape- white bottom layer
Leuko tape- brown top layer
- Shave the area that is going to be taped.
- Measure cover tape so that it reaches 3-4 inches beyond the outside border of the kneecap, around the kneecap and to the back of the knee.
- Feel the upper and lower borders of the kneecap. Cover the area that you just measured with the white tape first, making sue it covers the middle of the kneecap.
- Start the brown tape a little closer to the kneecap than the white tape. Pull the kneecap towards the middle, so that small dimples form in the white tape.Lift under the inside knee muscle tissue to help with this. Adhere the brown tape, but not past the white tape.
- To make sure it is on properly, step down from a step that is about 6 inches high. Your pain should be significantly better. If it doesn’t fee; better, you may have to tighten the brown tape.
Yep, that’s how to tape a knee.